Author Topic: Paragraph Style Report  (Read 2337 times)

kakkalla

Paragraph Style Report
« on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:30 AM »
What happened to the beautiful Paragraph Style Report we used to get from Blatner Tools? I can only export the report as a text file now.

I know the text file contains paragraph style tags so that if I have an ID file with the paragraph styles defined, I can place the text and it will get formatted. But this is a bit of a hassle. It was so much better in the past! An ID file was designated as the "master" and generating the report produced a beautifully formatted file.

Is there a way to get this feature back?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I think this forum has taken advertising to a very annoying level. Why must we enter a product name in order to post a topic? I am a registered user of the DTP cloud so why make me jump through hoops? Very, very annoying!

Jan

• Administrator
Re: Paragraph Style Report
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:59:19 AM »
Hi,

we'll check if we can get this back soon. The question is not about advertising, but an only way that proved to prevent the forum as installed being flooded by thousands of spam ads. Of course we can put some unrelated question there, the ones we posted just came to our mind first. Sorry about the nuisance, we're looking into a new more spam resistant system.

Thanks,

Jan

Kirsten

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:00:37 AM »
How do I create a report of all my text styles?
I had previously used TextStylesReporter.jsx but it doesn't appear to be supported for InDesign CC 2015 so I bought Blatner Tools but cannot see where this feature is.
Please help.
Kirsten

Jan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 02:04:12 AM »
Reports for each kind of style are in the respective panel menu (paragraph styles > create p. s. Report)

Thanks,

Jan

Kirsten

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 02:15:03 AM »
Wow, super quick response!
But no, there is no option in the menu. I have 'Blatner Tools' menu > Styles > Paragraph styles > Edit Current Paragraph Style. That's it.
I've just installed TextStylesReporterCS2.jsx to see what it does and it still works but does not include Export Tags which is really the characteristic I most want to be able to report. Could it be updated to include Export tags?
Thanks.
PS I agree with Jan that having to answer a question about a product is an annoying obstacle. Perhaps a simple maths question that doesn't require having to look up and read through a separate web page?